Laundry to Landscape Greywater System $50 Rebate
For a limited time, Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) is offering rebates of up to $50 as an incentive for customers to install a Laundry-to-Landscape Greywater System that uses discharge water from a single domestic clothes washer for landscape watering. Reusing water from a clothes washer to water your garden is a simple and easy way to “go grey”.
Rebates are available for residential properties within the CCWD Retail and Wholesale Service Area.
The rebate is 100%, up to $50 (excluding tax and labor) towards the cost of:
One (1) Brass 3-way diverter valve and
One (1) air-vent/air admittance valve
Limit one rebate per property for the life of the program
Terms & Conditions
To receive a rebate, applicants must adhere to the Greywater Rebate Program Terms & Conditions.
Laundry-to-Landscape Greywater Systems must comply with CA Plumbing Code Chapter 16
CCWD highly recommends applicants hire a contractor with experience or consult with a contractor if doing the project yourself. One of the best local organizations that can provide assistance is the Greywater Action, who can provide advice, contractors and other assistance. Here are additional Links:Greywater Action
This is a local organization that has a lot of greywater expertise and lots of links. They may also be able to assist in finding a contractor to assist
Greywater System Guidelines
This is a summary of the CA Plumbing Code, Chapter 16. It is not intended to replace the plumbing code, but will give you a quick look at what is required
Step by Step Laundry to Landscape
This step by step guideline outlines key steps installing a system
Here are a number of helpful links to sites that are dedicated to laundry to landscape greywater
How to Apply?
- Read and follow the Greywater Rebate Program Terms & Conditions
- Purchase the qualified equipment and install the Laundry-to-Landscape Greywater System following the Greywater System Guidelines/ CA Plumbing Code
- Complete and mail in the Rebate Application along with your original receipts for the qualifying equipment.
- Keep a copy of the application and your receipts for your records.
- Application must be postmarked within 90 days of equipment purchase date
- Rebate check will be processed in 6-8 weeks.