Water Awareness Youth Art Contest
Tap into your artistic talents and be featured in our 2019 calendar!
What to Enter
An original artwork on a single, horizontal 8.5-inch by 11-inch piece of paper. Challenge yourself to learn about our precious and limited water resources. We’re looking for entries that illustrate the importance of clean, reliable water service. Think about the water cycle, the many ways you use tap water in and around the home, and ways to use water efficiently. Then, turn your idea into art! Get ideas at Your Water.
How to Enter
Submit by mail or in person the original, unfolded artwork to:
CCWD Calendar Contest
1331 Concord Avenue
Concord, CA 94520
Entries must include a separate sheet of paper that lists the child’s name, age, city of residence, a parent or guardian’s name, email address and a phone number. This allows us to contact you regarding your submission. Digital reproductions of original artwork will not be accepted.
Each winning entry receives a $50 gift card to an art supply store; framed artwork with a certificate of appreciation; and a printed calendar. Prizes will be awarded at a Board of Directors meeting in the fall, when calendars are ready.
The contest is open to children ages 8 to 11 years old who live in the Contra Costa Water District service area.
Entries will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Friday, April 6. Winning entries will be announced during Drinking Water Week, May 6-12, 2018.
- The contest is open to children ages 8 to 11 years who reside in the Contra Costa Water District service area, which includes Antioch, Bay Point, Brentwood, Clayton, Clyde, Concord, Martinez, Oakley, Pacheco, Pittsburg, Pleasant Hill, Port Costa and Walnut Creek.
- Entries must be drawn by children. Please, no help from parents, adults or older siblings.
- Entries must be drawn horizontally on a single 8.5-inch by 11-inch piece of paper.
- Entries must be hand drawn. Acceptable mediums include pen, pencil, crayon, chalk, charcoal, marker, paint or watercolor.
- Entries must include the child’s name, age, city of residence, school name, a parent or guardian’s name, email address and a phone number.
- If your entry is selected as a winner, you grant Contra Costa Water District a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the artwork in its calendar and other print publications.
- Use the artwork in its internal and external communications, including, but not limited to, websites, advertising, presentations, and printed and digital materials.
- Use, in connection with the contest, the artist’s first name, city of residence and age. Winning artwork will be credited in the calendar with the artist’s first name, city and age.
- Retain a digital copy of the artwork.
- Please do not include trademarked or copyrighted materials.
- Please do not include images depicting bottled water.
Contra Costa Water District will screen all entries based on message, merit, creativity and originality. Finalist entries will be posted online for voting and Contra Costa Water District, with community input, will select 12 winning entries.
For more information about this contest, send an email to email@example.com