CCWD COVID-19 Response
CCWD drinking water is safe from coronavirus (COVID-19) and available 24/7
We have dedicated employees working 24/7 to deliver safe and reliable water to the families and businesses that we serve.
Your tap water remains safe and unaffected during this outbreak. As the water providers to more than 500,000 people, we take great effort and great pride in delivering a product that exceeds all drinking water standards set by the state and federal governments. For information about water quality, see our Annual Water Quality Report (PDF).
Our crews and contractors remain in the field to maintain essential infrastructure and are committed to keeping a reliable supply of high-quality water flowing to our customers. Not sure it’s a CCWD employee? Learn how to identify our employees.
Idle Business Safe Return to Water Service
As businesses reopen, there are actions property managers and business owners need to take when water has been off for an extended period of time. Please reference the following guidance when reopening your business.
Additional Safety Measures
During this time, we are taking additional actions to ensure delivery of safe drinking water to your home or business, and to protect our employees.
- Our District Center lobby in Concord is open for customers to pay their bill in person.
- As of May 7, temporary COVID-19 hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, and Friday 8:00am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- For alternatives to in-person payment, go to Bill Payment Options.
- We have suspended water shutoffs due to nonpayment until further notice.
- The Los Vaqueros Reservoir and Watershed is open for limited recreation.
Water Education Program
- We have modified our Water Education Programs to accommodate virtual learning.
- We created a new Water Education Program Resource Corner with engaging, free content to supplement at-home learning and provide fun weekend activities.
Conservation and Water Efficiency
- Our in-person Water Wise House Calls are available with appropriate safety measures in place. We also offer Water Wise Phone Consultations as an alternative to in-person visits.
Public Meeting Accommodations
- All District Board and Committee Meetings are open to the public. See information about upcoming meetings, agendas, and dial-in information to join via teleconference.
Procurement Process Accommodations
- We have updated portions of our procurement process to ensure continued safe business practices. See Working With Us for more details.
Last Updated: 6/17/2021