Accessory Dwelling Unit Water Service
The FAQs below provide general explanations and information for new water customers. Please refer to the District’s Code of Regulations for detailed requirements. To receive an application for new service or Accessory Dwelling Unit (In-Law Unit), please call Engineering Support at 925-688-8014.
- What is the District’s policy relative to Accessory Dwelling Units?
- Do I need a separate meter for my ADU?
- What is the next step to provide water service to the ADU?
- What is a walk-in service?
- Can the District size a meter?
- How long will it take for the design and installation of my walk-in service?
- Can I change the location of my new service, and whom should I call?
- Who should I call to find out the status of my project?
- Once the design of my project is complete, whom should I contact for installation?
- What do I need to do to get the water turned on once the facilities are installed?
- When do I pay the District to design my new water service?
- What are FRCs, and why do I need to pay them?
- Do I receive a credit for an existing meter if I replace it with a larger meter?
- What is a PRV and when does the District recommend their installation?
- What is a RPBPD and when are they required?
- Can I upgrade or downgrade my existing meter, and whom should I call?