The mission of the Contra Costa Water District is to strategically provide a reliable supply of high quality water at the lowest cost possible, in an environmentally responsible manner.
In fulfilling our mission, the District conducts business with the following shared values:
- Safety: We provide, as a top priority, a safe and healthful work environment for our team.
- Trust: We protect the public trust with uncompromising integrity, commitment to our professional standards, full transparency, and fairness in all our business dealings.
- Responsibility: We take ownership for our results and deliver on our performance outcomes to responsibly serve our customers, our community, and our planet.
- Exceptional Service: We value our customers, act in their best interest, and take pride in delivering personalized service.
- Employee Success: We share a meaningful sense of purpose in an environment that strives to offer professional growth, diversity, equity, inclusivity, and work-life balance.
- Teamwork: We engage in respectful, collaborative, trust-based relationships at all levels within the organization and with our business partners.
- Continuous Improvement: We continuously seek opportunities to optimize our business practices and assets by engaging the expertise of our employees and embracing innovation.
- Recognition: We reward the positive contributions of our employees at the organization, team, and individual levels.
- Communication: We strive for open, effective dialogues at all levels of the organization to ensure input is valued and considered and reasons for decisions are explained.
The goals of the District are to:
- Promote safety and health in our workplace and business practices.
- Manage water resources to ensure a sustainable supply and to protect water quality.
- Deliver superior customer service as a foundational priority.
- Protect customer financial interests through ongoing stewardship of District resources.
- Invest in assets, technology and efficiencies to cost-effectively provide reliable service.
- Pursue organizational excellence through diversity, equity, inclusivity, leadership and professionalism.
- Foster partnerships through leadership and collaboration at the regional, state and national level.
- Practice environmental stewardship by protecting natural resources and minimizing environmental impacts.