Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate
We offer rebates as an incentive for customers to purchase and install Smart Irrigation Controllers. It is estimated that up to 50% of the water applied to landscapes is wasted due to incorrect controller settings and infrequent adjusting of those settings. Smart Irrigation Controllers adjust the watering schedule automatically as the weather changes.
This rebate is available for single family residential properties within our service area.
We also offer a commercial and multi-family irrigation equipment rebate.
The rebate is $12 per active (used) irrigation station (zone) up to 50% of the list cost of the controller(s). Limit one rebate per customer per address. For example, if you purchase a smart irrigation controller and you have seven (7) irrigation stations (zone), the rebate would be $84 – (12 x 7) or 50% of the list price, whichever is less.
Limit one controller rebate per customer per address without pre-approval. Multiple controllers per address may be allowed on a case-by-case basis. Pre-approval is required.
Terms & Conditions
To receive a rebate, applicants must adhere to the Single Family Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate Program Terms & Conditions. Please read these before applying.
Qualifying Smart Controllers
Qualified Smart Irrigation Controllers must be EPA WaterSense labeled. Look for the EPA WaterSense label on the box or cover of the Smart Irrigation Controller(s) you purchase. The EPA WaterSense website has a product search feature that allows you to view all labeled smart irrigation controllers by selecting irrigation controllers in the product category dropdown menu. For Smart Irrigation Controllers without the EPA WaterSense label, contact us for approval prior to purchase.
Click here for a list of Smart Irrigation controllers we've provided rebates for in the past two years.
Where to Purchase
Smart Irrigation Controllers can be purchased wherever irrigation controllers are sold. Remember to look for the WaterSense Label before you purchase to confirm the controller qualifies for the rebate.
How to Apply
- Read the Program Smart Irrigation Controller Terms & Conditions.
- Purchase, install and program the Smart Irrigation Controller(s).
- Complete the Rebate Application and mail or email it in along with a copy of the Smart Irrigation Controller sales receipt. Please make sure to have your Smart Controller(s) installed and programmed before submitting your application to us. Keep a copy of the Application and your receipt for your records.
Email or mail the completed Application and sales receipt to:
Contra Costa Water District
PO Box H2O
Concord, CA 94524
- We will contact you to schedule an inspection. Once the inspection is completed, we will process the rebate check.
- Rebate checks usually processed and mailed in 4-6 weeks.