How to Identify Our Employees
Please note: We provide door hanger notices and send letters via USPS to customers prior to calling. Also, we never accept payment over the phone.
Confirm you are speaking with someone from CCWD by:
- Checking your caller ID
- Asking for the employee's name
- Hanging up and calling us back at 925-688-8000
Occasionally, customers tell us that someone has asked to enter their home to "test the water" or check a water pipe or meter.
If this happens to you, be alert: this is not a Contra Costa Water District employee.
While these visitors may give the impression that they represent CCWD, they do not. Some may be salespeople from private companies. Others may be attempting to gain unauthorized access to your home.
Unless you have a previously scheduled in-person visit, such as a Water Wise House Call or Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate Inspection with our Conservation Team, our employees will not ask to enter your home.
Don’t fall for a scam
Knowing the difference between a scam or a sales pitch and a visit from CCWD—an authorized municipal water provider—could prevent you from becoming a victim of false representation. Here’s how to tell a District employee from an impostor:
- Our employees drive official vehicles clearly marked with our blue-and-green logo.
- They will always wear a photo ID badge with our logo in plain view. (You might see them in bright green, orange, blue or white shirts.)
- They won’t ask to enter your home.
- They also will never request or collect payment at your home.
Concerned? Call us!
If you’re concerned about someone who has approached or called your home regarding your water service, call 925-688-8374 (available 24-hours a day) to confirm the identity of the person at your door.
If you feel you are in danger, call 911.