Water Rates for 2021
Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) appreciates your support and flexibility as we have been working to keep your water service up and running during these challenging times. Part of providing sustainable water service is conducting an annual review of water rates and charges. Water rates pay for the purchase, treatment, transport, and delivery of safe, high-quality, and reliable water to your home or business, and for the employees needed to sustain a complex water system. For 2021, we adopted rate adjustments to generate a 3.75% revenue increase. See Current Rates as of February 1, 2021, as adopted by the Board of Directors on January 6, 2021.
Water rates support the following priorities to ensure your water system remains sound:
- Replace aging water infrastructure: Reliable water service requires increasing investment in the maintenance and replacement of aging canals, pipes, and other critical facilities. Well planned and timely investments provide a high return in cost savings over the life of the facilities.
- Technology improvements: We are modernizing our processes and systems to gain efficiencies. These improvements will enhance our operations with an end result of even better service for you.
- Continued cost management: Looking to 2021, CCWD faces various cost increases that are higher than the proposed 3.75% revenue increase. For example, the cost to purchase untreated water is increasing 45%. Insurance costs have risen over 60% due to the catastrophic wildfires. CCWD continues to manage costs, even more in emergency times, while focusing on affordable water rates.
- Current Rates
- Code of Regulations Title 5 Water Supply and Rates (PDF)
- 2019 Water Rate Study (PDF)
- FY 2021-2022 Budget (PDF)
- Ten-Year Capital Improvement Plan 2021-2030 (PDF)
Call us at 925-688-8000 during business hours.