Water Awareness Youth Art Contest
WHAT TO ENTER
Your original artwork on a single, horizontal 8.5-inch by 11-inch piece of paper. Challenge yourself to learn about your public drinking water system! We’re looking for entries that illustrate one or more of the following themes:
- Why you drink tap water
- How your community uses tap water
- How you use tap water efficiently
- Where your tap water comes from
- How tap water is treated
Winning entries receive a $50 gift card, original artwork framed with a certificate of appreciation, and copies of the calendar.
Submissions will be accepted through Friday, May 7. Winning entries will be announced in June.
For more information about this contest, contact email@example.com.
Did you know that Contra Costa Water District provides tap water for more than 500,000 people? We treat nearly 40 million gallons of water per day to be used for drinking and washing, growing lawns and food, filling pools and putting out fires.
TAP WATER FACTS:
- Tap water promotes public health.
- Tap water is clean and safe to drink.
- Tap water costs about a penny per gallon.
- About half of all residential water use occurs outdoors in places like lawns.
Think about it...How would your life be different without tap water?
|PRIZES FOR TEACHERS!|
Encourage your students to enter for a chance to win water education supplies for your classroom! Each student who lists your name and school on their entry form will earn you a ticket for a raffle to win water education supplies for your classroom! One prize per classroom, up to five classrooms. Classroom prize packages include mounted water education posters and materials for a hands-on water-themed lesson plan.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO ENTER
There are two easy ways to submit your artwork:
- Submit Your Artwork Here
NOTE: IF SUBMITTING ARTWORK ONLINE, KEEP ORIGINAL ARTWORK. ORIGINAL ARTWORK MUST BE TURNED IN IF IT IS SELECTED AS A WINNER.
- Submit by mail or in person the original, unfolded artwork to:
CCWD Calendar Contest
1331 Concord Avenue
Concord, CA 94520
Include a separate sheet of paper that lists the artist’s name, age, home address, a parent or guardian’s name, email address, and a phone number. Optional information to include: teacher’s name and school.
The contest is open to children ages 8 to 18 years who reside or attend school in the Contra Costa Water District service area, which includes Antioch, Bay Point, Brentwood, Clayton, Clyde, Concord, Martinez, Oakley, Pacheco, Pittsburg, Pleasant Hill, Port Costa and Walnut Creek.
- Entries must include the child’s name, age, address, a parent or guardian’s name, email address, and a phone number. Optional information to include: teacher’s name and school.
- Entries must be drawn by children. Please, no help from parents, adults or older siblings.
- Entries must be drawn horizontally on a single 8.5-inch by 11-inch piece of paper.
- Entries must be hand drawn. Acceptable mediums include pen, pencil, crayon, chalk, charcoal, marker, paint, or watercolor.
- If your entry is selected as a winner, you grant Contra Costa Water District a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the artwork in its calendar and other print publications.
- Use the artwork in its internal and external communications, including, but not limited to, websites, advertising, presentations, and printed and digital materials.
- Use, in connection with the contest, the artist’s first name, city of residence and age. Winning artwork will be credited in the calendar with the artist’s first name and city.
- Retain a digital copy of the artwork.
- Entries must not include trademarked or copyrighted materials.
- Entries must not promote the use of bottled water.
- Entries will be accepted through 5 p.m. May 7, 2021.
Contra Costa Water District will screen all entries based on message, merit, creativity and originality. Finalist entries will be posted online for voting and Contra Costa Water District, with community input, will select 12 winning entries.
2021 Wall Calendar
Check out the video to the right to see our Board of Directors announcing the winners of the 2020 Water Awareness Youth Art Contest. The ongoing pandemic required some ingenuity, and we appreciate everyone's entries, participation, and votes to decide on the artwork for our 2021 Wall Calendar. Congratulations to the 14 winners - see their artwork below and where to pick up your free copy.
Where to Get a 2021 Wall Calendar
2021 calendars are available at no cost at the locations in the table to the right. Please follow all current health guidance when picking up a copy of your calendar.
|Contra Costa Water District||1331 Concord Avenue, Concord|
|Los Vaqueros Watershed Office||19 Walnut Boulevard, Brentwood|
|Los Vaqueros Marina||9990 Los Vaqueros Road, Byron|
|Clayton City Hall||6000 Heritage Trail, Clayton|
|Walnut Creek||Various business locations|
|Pittsburg City Hall||Please call 925-252-4940 to make arrangements for pick up at City Hall|
|Antioch City Hall||200 H Street, Antioch|
|Diablo Water District||87 Carol Lane, Oakley|