|The Watershed is open as of Wednesday, October 28.|
- Burn Area Trails Reopen: We are reopening the trails that connect to East Bay Regional Park District's Round Valley and Morgan Territory Regional Preserves on Friday, November 13, when those preserves are scheduled to reopen as well. Use caution and stay on-trail while in the burn area.
- PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Events and Extreme Weather Conditions: During wildfire season, we may need to close the Watershed periodically due to unsafe weather conditions and potential power outages. We'll post temporary closure dates when we receive information from PG&E. Our goal is to provide a safe space for visitors and appreciate everyone's understanding and cooperation.
Safety Rules and Guidelines at Los Vaqueros
For your safety and ours during COVID-19 Pandemic
Help us keep Los Vaqueros safe by cooperating with the statewide social distancing requirements and watershed rules. Please do the following to protect yourselves, other watershed visitors, and watershed staff during COVID-19 pandemic.
Before heading to Los Vaqueros
- Bring cloth face covering / mask as recommended by the CDC.
- Bring water and hand sanitizer. Drinking fountains will not be available. Bottled water will be available for sale at the Marina.
- Download a Watershed Map (PDF) before leaving home. Or, at the entry kiosk, request a brochure with a map so you can familiarize yourself with the area.
While at Los Vaqueros
- Keep a 6-foot distance from other watershed visitors while shore fishing, hiking, biking, or horseback riding (or with only immediate household members.) Please note: Biking and horseback riding are permitted on the north side of the watershed ONLY.
- Wear cloth face covering / mask when within 6 feet of other watershed visitors. Please keep in mind that any interaction with staff requires a mask to be worn.
Boat rentals available as of July 1
- Boats are first come, first serve.
- Boat rentals are weather dependent. Strong winds prevent us from allowing any boats on the water, so be sure to call the Marina at 925-371-2628 to check wind conditions at LV before heading out to the watershed.
- Masks will be required for boat renters while on gangway and dock, and 6-foot social distancing and masks while in line. Any interaction with staff requires a mask to be worn.
- See details and cost information for boat rentals.
- Parking only in designated (paved and gravel) areas. Citations will be issued for vehicles parked outside of designated areas.
- NO gatherings, picnics, or BBQs.
- NO fishing pier access.
- Marina building will serve customers at back door. Cash and credit payments are accepted.
- Restrooms are all single use.
- Watershed Office is closed.
- Interpretive Center is closed.
- Be aware of high-touch points such as benches, restrooms, etc. Use gloves or hand sanitizer.
- Pack it in. Pack it out. Do not leave trash on trails or near the shore.
We are doing everything we can under the circumstances to provide a safe outdoor space for the public while also limiting overcrowding and educating visitors to keep the 6-foot distance and to wear face masks. However, we need YOUR help! Please follow all COVID-19 safety rules and guidelines while at the watershed. Your cooperation helps us stay open! Call the Marina at 925-371-2628 with questions.