Safety Rules and Guidelines at Los Vaqueros
Help us keep Los Vaqueros safe by cooperating with watershed rules.
Before heading to Los Vaqueros
- Bring water and hand sanitizer. Drinking fountains will not be available. Bottled water will be available for sale at the Marina.
- Download a Watershed Map (PDF) before leaving home. Or, at the entry kiosk, request a brochure with a map so you can familiarize yourself with the area.
While at Los Vaqueros
Keep in mind the following:
- No alcohol
- No swimming
- No outside watercraft
- No pets
- No smoking (only designated area at Marina is between parking lots)
- No BBQs due to potential fire hazard.
- California fishing regulations are enforced.
- Boat rentals
- Boats are first come, first serve.
- Boat rentals are weather-dependent. Strong winds prevent us from allowing any boats on the water, so be sure to call the Marina at 925-371-2628 to check wind conditions at LV before heading out to the watershed.
- See details about boat rental fees.
- Parking only in designated (paved and gravel) areas. Citations will be issued for vehicles parked outside of designated areas.
- Pack it in. Pack it out. Do not leave trash on trails or near the shore. We appreciate everyone’s effort to keep the watershed clean!
- Marina building is open. Cash and credit payments are accepted.
- The Interpretive Center is open weekends starting Saturday, August 7 from 9am to 4pm. Get more information on the Interpretive Center.
- Watershed Office is closed.
- What is the general layout of the watershed?
- When is Los Vaqueros open?
- What are the hours for the John Muir Interpretive Center at Los Vaqueros?
- Are there any parking fees?
- How much does it cost to fish?
- Can I bring my dog?
- What is the weather like?
- Can I get hot food and snacks at Los Vaqueros?
- What can I do in the watershed?
- Is swimming allowed in the reservoir?
- Can I barbeque in the watershed?
- Will I be able to launch my boat in the reservoir?
- How can I get more information?