Has your water bill gone up with summer irrigation? According to the EPA, on average over 50% of water used for residential irrigation is wasted by overwatering. This means that many CCWD customers can significantly cut back on their irrigation, which will keep their landscapes healthy and reduce their water bill.
Most overwatering tends to happen in late summer and fall which is when landscapes don’t need as much water to thrive. To help our customers use water efficiently and water the right amount, CCWD offers free Water Wise House Calls. Our Water Wise House Call is a personalized service to help you identify potential water savings at your residence.
During a typical 90-minute Water Wise House Call, our knowledgeable Water Efficiency Technicians will:
- Evaluate your irrigation system and provide watering suggestions
- Develop a customized watering schedule and explain how to program your irrigation controller
- Explain how to read your water meter so you can monitor your use and check for leaks
- Provide dye tablets and explain how to use them to test toilets for leaks
- Provide tips and suggestions to help you avoid high water bills
- Offer free water saving devices including a hose nozzle and water efficiency showerheads
Check out a few testimonials from our customers:
"This was so helpful! I can’t believe a service like this was free and it did so much to help me understand the systems in my new house."
"This program is great. I received information over and above what I could have hoped for."
"I wish I knew about this program sooner!"
Sign up for a free Water Wise House Call today!